Making a Difference
A hope of mine for The Greg Brady Project is that it will be an instrument to make the world a better place. I’m confident we will achieve this with good people like you and me supporting this cause to help children…
Our society places a huge emphasis on looks. When we meet someone new, we instinctively look for a smile to greet us and then we see that person’s teeth. For children with crooked, crowded, protruding or missing teeth these unhappy moments impact a lifetime. The good news is that orthodontic treatment can permanently fix this problem. But for low-income youth with such “bad bites,” braces aren’t an option – their families simply cannot afford the average cost of $5,000.
That’s where you and I come in, helping Smiles Change Lives bring children life changing smiles they so desperately need. SCL is a nonprofit organization that works with community partners to deliver medically-necessary orthodontic treatment to children from low-income families. Since 1997, SCL has treated more than 1,000 children with moderate to severe malocclusions – misaligned teeth and/or jaws. SCL stands alone as the nation’s only charity dedicated to providing access to orthodontic treatment for children who suffer from the physical, social, developmental and economic repercussions of “bad teeth.”
Let’s Face It Together—Here’s How You Can Help!
• The cost for SCL and its partners to provide a permanent cure for one child is $2,500. Your tax-deductible donation of this or any amount will help change the life of a deserving child in need and put a smile back on his or her face. (link to donation page)
• Refer a young person between the ages of 11-18 to one of their chapters: (link to application and guidelines)
• Greater Kansas City/Western Missouri
• Palm Beach, Dade and Broward Counties, Florida
• Greater Louisville/Northern Kentucky
• Greater St. Louis/Eastern Missouri
Please make a difference. Call or email the good people at Smiles Change Lives today.